- THANK YOU AND GOODBYE FROM WILD +WOLF, BUT HELLO NEW BRAND OWNERS!
- WILD + WOLF SELLS PETIT COLLLAGE, RIDLEY'S GAMES AND GAMES ROOM TO SAN FRANCISCO BASED CHRONICLE BOOKS
- WILD + WOLF SELLS WANDERFLOWER AND YES STUDIO BRANDS TO DANIELLE CREATIONS
- WILD + WOLF SELLS MEN’S GIFTING & LIFESTYLE BRAND GENTLEMEN’S HARDWARE TO DESIGNWORKS COLLECTIVE
- 6 Tips to Ace any Day Hike
Petit Collage: Storytime
29 January 2020
Once upon a time in San Francisco, a lady named Lorena made a petit collage…
In 2006, Petit Collage founder, Lorena Siminovich, made a little owl family collage as a gift for a pregnant friend. Her friend loved it – and Lorena loved making it.
This small, considerate gesture was the beginning of Petit Collage.
From there, Lorena designed a whole line of distinctive, handmade collages on wood, all made from recycled materials.
The products first saw light among the sunny hills of San Francisco, and soon developed into a whole range of eco-friendly toys, playthings and décor for little ones aged 0-8.
Petit Collage’s bestselling Rabbit Stacker Toy
Good design was – and still is - key in everything Lorena and her team produced. They worked hard to ensure that their designs were a source of inspiration, for children and parents alike.
Wooden Ferris Wheel: toy and nursery decoration
Teaming up with Planet Earth
All Petit Collage goods are made from responsibly sourced materials. The team is constantly working to make sure that their toys are as eco-friendly as possible, designed with both the environment and the child in mind.
For example, here are the eco considerations that went into this Spring/Summer 2020 Baby Gift Set:
The box -
- Has card dividers inside
- Doesn’t include single-use plastic (the only plastic used is the laminate on the box, without which it would crack and damage).
- Can be recycled
- Is decorated with soy-based inks
- The elephant teether is made from FSC beech wood and organic cotton
- The muslin is made from organic cotton, and decorated with soy-based inks
- The book is made from 80% recycled materials
Petit Collage Advent Calendar (earlier version pictured)
The plastic tray has been removed and replaced with cardboard – meaning that the entire calendar is now recyclable.
In fact, the packaging of our entire Spring/Summer 2020 collection is over 90% plastic free.
To encourage reuse, some of the packaging has now become part of the toy itself (the box is the sweet shop in The Little Sweet Shop, our eco-friendly wind-up playset due out in Autumn/Winter 2020).
Big dreams for Petit Collage
Petit Collage beech wood Modern Bunny Rattle
And the Petit Collage dream has just got bigger, following an exciting new partnership with The Roald Dahl Story Company. There’s a 'splendiforous' launch set for Autumn/Winter 2020 - you can read more about it here…
We hope you'll stay tuned for more exciting developments in the Petit Collage story!